Asked Questions


” Have a question for us? Please feel
free to email us with your questions ”

Q. What do I need to bring with me to renew my Driver’s Licence?

A. You will need to bring your current Driver’s Licence. You may also need to provide a Medical Report or proof of Canadian residency depending on your circumstances.

Q. What do I need to write my Class 7 Learner’s Knowledge exam?

A. If you are under 18, you must bring in your parent or legal guardian to sign the consent form. You will also need 2 pieces of ID (one must have your birth date) and proof of both Canadian and Alberta residency. However, if you are under 18 and your parent/guardian has a valid AB driver’s licence, you will not be required to show residency.

Q. Do you offer the Learner’s Knowledge exam in languages other than English?

A. Yes, you can request the test in French, Punjabi, Arabic, Vietnamese, Hindi, Spanish, Chinese or Tagalog.

Q. What do I need to bring to register my personal vehicle?

A. You will require ID, proof of ownership, AB insurance, New Vehicle Information Statement (if brand new), a signed Letter of Authorization (if ownership is joint and only one party is attending office), an Out of Province inspection (if coming from outside AB), or a Transport Canada Vehicle Import Form 1 (if coming from outside Canada).

Q. How do I obtain an Alberta Birth/Marriage/Death Certificate?

A. You must come into our office with your identification and complete an application for the certificate. It is ordered through the Vital Statistics database and will be mailed to you when issued. For an additional fee, you can place a rush on the service and pick it up in our office. For eligibility requirements or further information, please visit Service Alberta.

Q. Do you offer Land Title services?

A. We can provide land title searches when provided with the legal land description of the property. For registration of documents (ie: mortgages), you need to attend the Land Titles Office downtown. Further information on document registration can be found at Service Alberta.

For further information on the following, please click on the link provided: